Application requirements and procedure:
A) Member applicant
1) The member must be a current paid National AAHAM member on March 31th of the year in which application for scholarship is made.
2) The member must have been a paid National AAHAM member for at least one year prior to the application deadline of May 31.
3) A completed and typed application form, including all attachments specified in the application, must be submitted to AAHAM's National Office by May 31.
4) The applicant must also submit, by May 31, a written statement of no more than one page, giving evidence of financial need, including a list of all other sources of financial aid such as scholarships, and a letter of acceptance from the educational institution or a statement from the registrar indicating enrollment.
B) Spouse, child or grandchild applicant
1) Spouse, child or grandchild of AAHAM member must fulfill the requirements, specified in sections A) 1 and A) 2.
2) A completed application form must be submitted as specified in section A) 3 above.
3) The applicant must also submit, by May 31 the following:
a) A written statement (no more than one page) giving evidence of financial need, including a list of other sources of financial aid such as scholarships;
b) A letter of acceptance from the educational institution or a statement from the registrar-indicating enrollment;
c) An official transcript of grades and credits earned.
1) Preference will be given to applicants enrolled in studies leading to a certificate or degree in healthcare or an associated field.
2) Selection will also be based on a review of the application and supporting documents, and the evidence of financial need.
3) No preference will be given to an applicant based on the applicant employment position, job title or length of employment.
B) Applications will be screened by AAHAM's National Office. Those applications, which meet the requirements specified in section 1, will be forwarded to the review and selection committee by June 30.
C) The review and selection committee will review the accepted applications and select the award recipients. This selection shall take place before August 15.
D) Award recipients will be notified before August 15. Awards will be presented before August 31.