The National AAHAM Scholarship Program provides for two classifications of awards. The primary emphasis is towards a member who applies and qualifies. Consideration is also given to an application submitted by a spouse, child, or grandchild of a National member. The classification of awards is as follows:
1) Member scholarship award:
* Member must have been a member of National AAHAM for at least one year and be a current member as of March 31st of the application year.
* Maximum Amount of award is $2,500.00 per year which shall be less than or equal to the cost of tuition and related expenses
No more than four (4) awards shall be given per year for this program.
2) Spouse, child, or grandchild of a National member scholarship award:
* Must be a spouse, child, or grandchild of a member of National AAHAM in good standing for at least one year.
* Maximum amount of award is $1,000.00 per year which shall be less than or equal to the cost of tuition and related educational expenses.
No more than eight (8) awards shall be given per year for this program.
3) No member, spouse, child, or grandchild may receive more than one award.
4) Student members are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Initial Funding - In January 2020 the National AAHAM Board of Directors earmarked $18,000.00 for National AAHAM Scholarships.
Current and Future Funding - Funding shall come annually from the general fund. The amount of the funding is set by the board of directors. This shall be reviewed every 2 years.