The Bill Spare National AAHAM Recognition Award is presented to a National AAHAM member to acknowledge and honor significant, commendable and long-standing contributions to the AAHAM organization.
The award is named in honor of Bill Spare, CRCE-I, who served as the National AAHAM President from 1996-1998. Bill demonstrated integrity and leadership in every role he served within the organization and provided support and encouragement for so many of its members.
Candidates for award consideration must be National AAHAM members in good standing.
A nomination for the AAHAM National Recognition Award may be made for:
- a single exceptional contribution
- a sustained contribution, or
- a lifetime of exceptional service
Nomination Process & Requirements
Nominations may be submitted to the National Office by current National AAHAM members and must include the following:
- At least one letter of reference outlining the specific contributions the nominee has made, including examples of their having demonstrated leadership in professional advancement, actively supported the AAHAM
mission and contributed as a volunteer in the advancement of AAHAM
- A brief biographical sketch of the nominee
- A concise description of the aspects of the nominee’s contributions that cause him / her to be worthy of special recognition by AAHAM.
Previous winners of this award include:
2018 - Catherine Clark, CRCE-I – Maryland Chapter
2017 - Richard A. Lovich, Esq. – Western Region Chapter
2016 - Julie Shaw Noel – Texas Bluebonnet Chapter
2015 - J. Pete Ash, Jr - Maryland Chapter
2014 - Gary Hickman - Maryland Chapter
2013 - Linda Sayre, CRCP-I - Florida Sunshine Chapter
2012 - Doris Dickey, CRCE-I - Illinois Chapter
2011 - Johnny Holland - Texas Bluebonnet Chapter
2010 - Shauna Wardrop, CRCE-I - MountainWest Chapter
2009 - Frank Callender, CRCE-I - Maryland Chapter & Tamora Ellis, CRCE-P – Minnesota Gopher Chapter
2008 - Renee Jordan - Florida Sunshine Chapter
2007 - Tanja Twist - Western Region Chapter
Nominations are to be submitted by July 31, 2019
Submit Nomination form here